-
October 27th, 2007, 04:56 PM
#11
Inactive Member
some criticism can push you to improve, but if I'm not mistaken, think he's being sincere, played with his own style, and looks like he's really enjoying what he does, can't really knock him. it takes courage to put yourself out there.
<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ October 27, 2007 07:47 PM: Message edited by: scuffed 8ball ]</font>
-
October 27th, 2007, 05:48 PM
#12
HB Forum Owner
I personally think that Jack is very good. Like said before, he sets up a camera and plays every song live in your face. That takes balls and it shows that he really is talented. he doesnt record everything in different tracks, to make everything perfect, he plays live, and so what if people think that his guitar playing is sloppy. i think its great. If you listen to anybody playing guitar live in concert you will see its sloppy and improvised in places.
Kudos to you jack and keep up the good work. You will never get 100% approval, just read some of the comments on Youtube, but those people are probably jeleous that they cant do better. Rock on man.
steve
-
October 28th, 2007, 12:41 AM
#13
Inactive Member
First of all, thanks alot to all those Fellas here which are supporting me, I really appreciate that, and I can tell you?re really making me proud and happy with all the stuff you tell me, so, thank you very very much!
To those who criticize me, I know that I?m neither the best singer, nor the best guitar player, and I don?t expect everybody to like my stuff, and as long as criticism ain?t below the belt and is constructive I got no prob with it. But 2 things here are really annoying me: first is that I wouldn?t be natural: like wolfpits wrote here, all I do is playing guitar and singing, what happens then happens, no matter if a cam is running, or a audience is watching, or I am alone. I don?t control how I act, I don?t control how I move, I don?t control how my face looks like or whatever, I suppose everyone who makes music knows what I mean, so, if that ain?t natural, what is natural then?
Second is, I?d try too hard to sound like Hank Williams, or whoever. I NEVER try to sound like somebody else, cause I never will! All I want is make a song sound like this or that, sometimes I want to make it sound more like a country tune, sometimes I want to make it sound sad, sometimes desperated, the whole variety. But not sound like someone else, cause I don?t want to be a fucking copy of somebody. Sure, I may sometimes sound similar to a band, a singer, whatever, but that?s not cause I want to but cause I believe EVERY musician sounds in a certain way like the Guys he likes, like the Bands which influenced him. And that my Album is called "listen to the Influences" ain?t no try to copy Mike Ness, it?s my way of showing my respect and appreciation for him, and the Guys which?s songs I played on this Album. It?s called like this cause I want the people to do nothing more like that, listen to my Influences!! Don?t misunderstood me, I don?t want to punch in anyones face here, I want to say what I think about your oppinion, and though I can?t understand it completely, I respect it! Thank you and Rock on!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks